Communicating with Outlook mail
David Lieb
2011-03-04 21:17:55 UTC
I have a client who uses the Outlook4D plugin to communicate with Outlook
mail. They are using 4D v2004 and Outlook 2003 on Win XP, but will be
upgrading to 4D v11/12 and Outlook 2010.

Outlook4D is no longer supported and does not work with newer versions of 4D
or Outlook, so I'm looking at alternatives to do what they do now, which is:

When they click a button in 4D

1. All emails in an appropriate Outlook folder (and subfolders) are parsed
and imported as records into a 4D table.

2. An archived copy of that Outlook folder (and subfolders) is created and
all those emails are moved from the original folder to the archived one.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks,

David
Kenneth Spence
2011-03-04 23:30:49 UTC
I can't help you with your questions but have the same basic questions with regard to Mail.app on Mac. Maybe the solutions are the same.

Ken
Post by David Lieb
I have a client who uses the Outlook4D plugin to communicate with Outlook
mail. They are using 4D v2004 and Outlook 2003 on Win XP, but will be
upgrading to 4D v11/12 and Outlook 2010.
Outlook4D is no longer supported and does not work with newer versions of 4D
When they click a button in 4D
1. All emails in an appropriate Outlook folder (and subfolders) are parsed
and imported as records into a 4D table.
2. An archived copy of that Outlook folder (and subfolders) is created and
all those emails are moved from the original folder to the archived one.
Any ideas are appreciated!
Thanks,
David
4D v12.1 is Available - Now Powered with 64-bit server
http://www.4d.com/products/new.html
4D Internet Users Group (4D iNUG)
FAQ: http://lists.4d.com/faqnug.html
Archive: http://lists.4d.com/archives.html
Armin Deeg
2011-03-05 15:34:17 UTC
Hi David,

We have a Freeware Plugin to send Emails with ms Outlook without Security warnings
http://www.node.de/indexplug.htm

This feature is included in our pdf printer plugin for 4D (works also if you use the unregistered plugin)

To fetch the ms outlook folders inside 4D arrays there is another commercial plugin which also works with tobit david (fax,mail,sms) and ms outlook (send mail, grab Outlook Mail folders) and pdf creation (check the link: Tobit David on the left side http://www.node.de/indexplug.htm

Mit freundlichem Gruß
Armin
Lutz Epperlein
2011-03-07 08:48:54 UTC
Keisuke Miyako
2011-03-07 09:41:58 UTC
Jesse Pina
2011-03-07 15:54:55 UTC
Hi David,

If the Exchange server is 2007+, then another option would be to consider using Exchange Web Services. Here is a recent tech note that covers using Exchange Web Services in 4D v12.

http://kb.4d.com/search/assetid=76247 (current partner only)

Kind regards,

--
Jesse Pina

--

Jesse
David Lieb
2011-03-07 17:00:05 UTC
Post by David Lieb
all those emails are moved from the original folder to the archived one.
Thanks, Armin. I'll take a look.

David
David Lieb
2011-03-07 17:19:11 UTC
Post by Keisuke Miyako
on the subject of how to run VBA or AppleScript from 4D...
http://sources.4d.com/trac/4d_keisuke/wiki/AppleScriptLibrary
http://sources.4d.com/trac/4d_keisuke/wiki/VBALibrary
Regards,
miyako
Have a look at VB scripting, you can all MS Office parts control via
their COM interface. A source of more information is the MSDN website by
Microsoft.
Thanks Lutz and Miyako. I'll look into this.

David
David Lieb
2011-03-07 17:21:17 UTC
Post by Armin Deeg
Hi David,
If the Exchange server is 2007+, then another option would be to consider
using Exchange Web Services. Here is a recent tech note that covers using
Exchange Web Services in 4D v12.
http://kb.4d.com/search/assetid=76247 (current partner only)
Thanks, Jesse. I just read the note and it looks like this will be a good
solution (once I upgrade my client to v12).

David